Monday, September 19, 2011

Happy 2 Years

Dear Madeleine,

Today is your birthday. Two years ago I was holding you in my arms in a hospital bed, looking at you, knowing you, loving you. I thought you were beautiful then but, oh, I had no idea how beautiful you would become. How much my heart would melt when you looked at me with those beautiful blue eyes and called me "mama". How big my smile would be when I watched you play with your daddy, his little twin. How peaceful I would feel when you curled into my arms for a snuggle and I could breathe in the scent of your soft hair.
Mama and Mad a few hours after birth

Life with you is never, ever, boring. You have a million things to say and get so frustrated when I ask you to repeat yourself until I can actually figure what you are talking about. Everything is GO and RUN from the moment you wake up. I treasure the moments you decide you need to come to me for a "mama hug" and I can bundle you up in my arms and squeeze you tightly.
My one year old Mad
Happy Birthday my angel girl. Mama loves you to the moon, and back.

My great big piggy tailed 2 year old Mad
*more Mad heavy posts to come during the week ahead......

2 comments:

Gillman said...

Happy 2nd birthday Maddie! Wow, I can't believe how grown up she's lookin'. Such a doll.

Jess said...

Happy, happy birthday!!! Hope you guys have a lot of fun. It's hard to believe two whole years have gone by! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...