Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Worst "Welcome Back to ME!" Post EVER!!!

What a week. WHAT A TOTALLY AWFUL TERRIBLE NO GOOD WEEK!!!! Ok. Not that bad. But, definitely not good. Right before I gave birth to my little Baby Bear I got an awful cold. Sneezing, coughing, sniffling...no sleep etc etc. It sucked. Now I've got that same awful cold again (thanks to my dad and/or sister ;) only this time I have a baby to take care of and because I'm nursing her there isn't much I can take. So. I'm miserable. My head feels like a balloon. But with snot in it. Yes I did go there. On Monday Mr. Bear stayed home with me to help out but unfortunately I was worse on Tuesday. And worse again today. That's three days of feeling awful. THREE!

All this sniffling makes me hate Utah and the disgusting inversion that I blame for getting me to this place of sickness. It has cleared away now but I'm still sick. Ugh.

Oh, and the baby is sick too. = Misery. Last night The Bear slept on my side of the bed, next to her sleeper, and I tried to get some rest in the nursery (also allowing me to cough without waking her). Great in theory but with my chronic sniffling that no amount of nose blowing could cure I slept little and not well. Still, I'm grateful he was willing to do that for me, especially with work the next day, and I hope he can handle another night or two while I get well again.

Today has been long. And tiring. Baby doesn't want to nap, not even in her swing. I don't have the energy or capacity to swaddle her and rock her to sleep like I normally would. What I'm saying is, I'm very very very tired. And I miss being healthy. And I miss the Spring time too.

1 comment:

AnnDee said...

Mela! 4 months sucked. Period. I hated it. I'm sorry to hear you are going through the same thing. It does sound like what we went through to the T. So what we did. (And yes, you will survive, too!) Honestly, I don't remember a lot of what we did--crazy that it was such a horrible time, and I don't remember what fixed it! I do remember having Eli scream (not cry, but SCREAM) for 2 and 1/2 hours. It sucked. But, he was full (I knew he didn't NEED to eat every 2 hours, even though he WANTED to.), he was changed, he was warm enough/cool enough. He wasn't sick (I had the Dr. check). He was fine, so, there wasn't anything else for me to do, but lay him down, and walk away. (The HARDEST thing I've ever done.) Like I said, he scream/cried for 2 and 1/2 hours that 1st night. 1 hour the second. 45 min. the thrid, and the fourth only 15 min. After that, he slept through the night again. One thing I do know for sure is that when they get a crappy night sleep their napping is crappy, and visa versa. Sounds like your little one is as tired as you are. If she's sick, I wouldn't do this, though. That's just mean. Now, I completely understand if you think that having a baby cry it out is terribly mean, and don't want to do it. I totally see that point of view. But, that is what finally worked for us. I read the Babywise books, and they honestly saved my sanity. I do recommend them if you are wanting to do what I did, or just improve her naps. (My guess is that she's just overtired and therefore can't get past the sleep transition that happens around 45 min. into sleep.) Eli still does that once in a while. NO FUN! So, that's what I did. If it helps, great. Whatever you try, I wish you the best. The thing that keeps me going is that no matter how hard it is, whatever the problem won't last forever. (But there will be some other problem to worry about! :) Hang in there! And feel better! Love ya!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...