Saturday, March 16, 2013

7 Months

Oh Jaime. You are a crazy 7 month old baby. You are huge. HUGE. How my biceps are not enormous carrying your 21 pound self around all day, I'm really not sure, but they should be. You are extremely restless and keeping you happy all day has gotten to be a very difficult task. You have always loved to be carried but now even that is hard! I try to sit you on my hip and you lock your knees, pushing your little feet against my belly trying to stand on my body instead.You can't crawl, or even get on all fours, but it's obvious to you that you are the only one in the house that can't move on your own and it makes you ANGRY. When you play with toys you really play with them now, rather than just try to put everything in your mouth. In fact, I've started seeing your little brain working as you turn toys around in your hands, examining every facet of how they work. It's amazing to watch you try every button and dial, then turn the whole toy over to see what is on the other side. I only have your sister to compare to, obviously, and she played with these toys so differently than you do. There is so much thought put into your playtime and I feel like you will be so thoughtful and intelligent. I'm a little scared I won't be able to keep up with you!

You are a mama's boy, this is true, but finally your stranger (or not so stranger anxiety) has begun to ease. If you are tired or hungry you can be crabby, searching the room for you mama and then crying out when you find me, but most of the time you are easily distracted by smiles and kisses. When you need me I am always right there and you reach your entire body for mine so we are back together again. You have been nursing so well and really haven't experienced much in the way of "table" food. I let you feed yourself some squash or sweet potato in a little mesh feeder, but you eat the equivalent of 1/4 jar of baby food, MAYBE. I guess in my 2nd time mama wisdom I have remembered that all too soon you will be eating me out of house and home, like your sister does, and we are just enjoying this time that my mama milk satisfies all of your nutritional needs. You do nurse a lot, of course. We nurse in the Ergo baby carrier often so you can nurse to sleep and be carried against me while you take a long nap. It's exhausting and amazing all at the same time. This month I should skip talking about nights because my eyes are red and burning from all the sleep I am not getting. I won't blame it all on you, because your sister contributes, but this mama is tired and I'm wondering how my babies aren't exhausted every day!
Not an unusual scene. Frazzled mama, annoyed baby.
A very unusual scene. Snoozing on daddy's lap.
Jameson, you have made our family so happy. Your beautiful smile, contagious laugh, sweet snuggles and delightful squeals fill our lives with goodness. Thank you. I know your daddy and sister are just as in love with you as I am. xoxo

Some outakes from our 7 month photo shoot......you wiggle. A lot.





This is what happens whenever you are on your back.

2 comments:

Renee said...

I didn't realize you have a blog! Love it!

Tiffany K said...

So sweet! Maddie and Jaime are adorable and you are a wonderful mama, even with little sleep :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...