Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Terrible Awful No Good.....

Today at lunch I announced that I wanted to crawl in bed and never get up. "I don't want to deal with life" I proclaimed, but APPARENTLY wishing life to an abrupt halt doesn't mean it actually works like that. A not so Angry Bear tried to lift my spirits by offering to help. I, not so kindly, declined informing him that I did not wish to fix any of the problems I was overwhelmed with. That required acknowledging them don't you know. I simply wanted to have a few spoonfuls of peanut butter, maybe do something illegal and stay under a warm blanket, curled in the fetal position, for the rest of....well....forever. No amount of discussion was going to change my mind. By the end of lunch I reluctantly agreed to his assistance on a few items. Unfortunately those items couldn't be helping me into my eternal bed or enabling me to quit my jobs to be a bum on the side of the road.

December, in general, has been a terrible awful no good month and I don't like it very much at all. Normally I would drown my sorrows in a bottle of Tequila or cheap wine but December has taken that from me too. "December I hate you! You brought snow and destruction into my life and you do not have my forgiveness! All I want is some sunshine to dry my tears but I cannot even have that. December, you bastard."

Next week is Christmas and I think that I shall refuse to acknowledge it. Please, not so much as a whisper about this holiday in my direction if you like me at all. If the pleading isn't working I can only hope the threats will. What threats you ask? Lets keep it that way.....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...