Monday, May 17, 2010

Swim Suit (un)Ready

Ahhh Summer! How I've missed you. I feel like I've said that before. Probably because I say it EVERY year. I love the warm weather. love.love.love.LOVE!!! Over the past month Baby Bear and I have found every excuse to go outside when the sun has been shining, even just a little. Saturday we went for a walk to the park by the house and she enjoyed some time on the swings and I even took her down the slide (Mama is too big!). Last night Mr. Bear bought Baby a little blow up pool that had a big crab sun cover and this afternoon I took her outside for a swim. She loved it. LOVED! I loved being out in the sun too and was thrilled when I came in to see some pink on my cheeks. It feels like it's been so long! Baby Bear entertained herself the whole time, splashing and babbling while I sat next to the pool and watched/enjoyed the sun on my skin. It was so perfect that I hope to do it a couple more times this week, if the weather allows.

*Baby Bear sporting her cute swimming suit from daddy (she was just a little lump when he picked it out for her!)



In other, more tragic, news Mr. Bear and I have decided that TOGETHER we will start a new "diet" and workout plan. In the past I've said that I'll watch what I eat (but I don't) and he just doesn't eat anything so I'm stuck trying to do dinner alone which results in shitty meals and an everlasting belly pooch. Out diet isn't anything fancy. We just have pre-written meals and every day I write down what we will eat and that is exactly what we do. We also drink at least 8 glasses of water and do increased amounts of cardio/weights every.single.day. Well, maybe we'll get one day off.

I'm halfway through my first day and pretty much would kill a cow for some sugar and a Dr. Pepper. I've done my weight/resistance training off of some videos online. Basically I have no stomach muscles and I'm really out of shape. When I started the video I thought, "there is no way this can be an actual work out". I changed my mind when I tried to walk up the stairs an hour later. It was a humbling experience to say the least. I have to wonder how I went from a woman who could hop on the elliptical trainer and do 45 minutes of intense aerobic training like it was no big deal to this lump of fat that feels awkward trying to do one lunge. One little baby made me this way? It's really sad and, as I said a moment ago, incredibly humbling.

So here's to saying goodbye to these last 40 lbs of unwanted baby weight and HELLO! to being thin enough to find designer jeans in my size at The Rack. Oh, and in shape too. By the end of the summer I'm going to have a toddling baby to keep up with and I don't want her to be ashamed of me. Maybe in a couple months I'll be able to post a picture of me in a pool WITH my Bear. HAHAHAHA....but seriously.

1 comment:

Mrs. McCarthy said...

good luck!! Funny because I started a eating/work out plan today as well. Its more of my eating I am concerned of... I can only imagine how hard it is to shed that baby weight... not looking forward to it ;/

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...